Monday, November 2, 2009

Is You Is or Is You Ain't?

"The title of my show, "Is You Is," comes from the Louis Jordan (www.louisjordan.com) song "Is You Is or Is You Ain't (My Baby)." The question for me is not about my love life but about my career as an artist. After being a co-founder and co-owner of Platform Gallery in Seattle for 5 years, I began to ask myself, am I primarily a gallery owner or an artist? It became increasingly clear that I would need to make a choice and fully commit to one or the other. I left Platform at the end of July to focus on my art. Luckily for me the good people at the Telephone Room in Tacoma offered me a slot in their schedule. I'll be integrating my drawings of disintegrating/reforming mechanical/organic objects into the space. This is my first solo show with all new work since last showing at Platform in January 2005."
---Blake Haygood, www.blakehaygood.com


Blake Haygood, "Is You Is?", gouache and graphite on rag board, 2009.

The Telephone Room Gallery opening for "Is You Is?" New Drawings by Blake Haygood is Wednesday, November 4, 2009 from 6-9 pm and Blake will be in attendance.

"Is You Is?" New Drawings by Blake Haygood is on view from November 4 - 30, 2009 in the Telephone Room Gallery. Viewable by appointment almost anytime—email us at thetelephoneroom@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment